chord repetition and strings in TabStaff

chord repetition and strings in TabStaff

Federico Bruni-2
q forgets in which string a note is played and as a result you get a
wrong chord in TabStaff:

\version "2.13.49"

\new TabStaff {
  % first chord is ok, second is "wrong"
  <fis a e'\2>4 q
  <e b\2 c'\3 g'>2. q4
}

Is it possible to improve q?
I couldn't find anything related in the open issues of the tracker.

Thanks,
Federico

Re: chord repetition and strings in TabStaff

Marc Hohl
Am 20.02.2011 19:33, schrieb Federico Bruni:

> q forgets in which string a note is played and as a result you get a
> wrong chord in TabStaff:
>

> \version "2.13.49"
>
> \new TabStaff {
>    % first chord is ok, second is "wrong"
>    <fis a e'\2>4 q
>    <e b\2 c'\3 g'>2. q4
> }
>

> Is it possible to improve q?
Hi Federico,

use \tabChordRepetition, and LilyPond is (again) your friend.

Il giorno dom, 20/02/2011 alle 19.36 +0100, Marc Hohl ha scritto:
> Hi Federico,
>
> use \tabChordRepetition, and LilyPond is (again) your friend.

Thanks!

I should have checked the documentation:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#default-tablatures

"Chord constructs can be repeated by the chord repetition symbol q. To
use this feature in combination with tablature, \tabChordRepetition is
provided. It preserves the string information explicitly given within
chord constructs so repeated chords get identical tablature
representations. "