Tablature and Frescobaldi template

rooss
Hi,

If the basic features of tablature are implemented in Lilypond, would it
be nice if we can make a nice template for guitar/bass tablature, to use
in Frescobaldi for example!

\r

Re: Tablature and Frescobaldi template

Valentin Villenave
Administrator
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Grammostola
Rosea<[hidden email]> wrote:
> If the basic features of tablature are implemented in Lilypond, would it be
> nice if we can make a nice template for guitar/bass tablature, to use in
> Frescobaldi for example!

Definitely! Such a template should be added to the LSR as well, since
for now there are templates for string quartets, vocal ensembles, and
even accordion but no guitar tabls:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=template

Could anyone try and come up with something? I'll add it to the LSR myself.

Regards,
Valentin

Re: Tablature and Frescobaldi template

Federico Bruni

Shouldn't we wait for the release of 2.13.4?

So we can upload a more "clean" template... and without  \include "tablature.ly"

Do you have any news about the date of the next release of Lilypond?

I've found this thread on -devel:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-08/msg00230.html

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Federico Bruni<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Shouldn't we wait for the release of 2.13.4?

I wouldn't hold my breath :-)

> So we can upload a more "clean" template... and without  \include
> "tablature.ly"

The LSR will not run a development version anyway, so you have to make
it 2.12-compatible.

> Do you have any news about the date of the next release of Lilypond?

Nope, the build system is still completely broken.

Regards,
Valentin

Valentin Villenave wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Federico Bruni<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Shouldn't we wait for the release of 2.13.4?
>
> I wouldn't hold my breath :-)

Ok :-)

I attach a template I use to start with to write polyphonic pieces.
It's especially useful for fingerstyle guitarists.

Cheers,
Federico

\version "2.12.1"
\include "tablature.ly"

\paper {
  indent= #0
}

upper=  \relative c' {
  c4.  g4  g  c
}

lower=  \relative c {
  c4  e  g,  e'
}

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff = "guitar" <<
      \context Voice = "upper guitar" { \clef "G_8" \voiceOne  \upper }
      \context Voice = "lower guitar" { \clef "G_8" \voiceTwo  \lower }

    \new TabStaff = "tab" <<
      \context TabVoice = "upper tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceOne \upper }
      \context TabVoice = "lower tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceTwo \lower }

}

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I attach a template I use to start with to write polyphonic pieces.
> It's especially useful for fingerstyle guitarists.

Added as http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=634

Regards,
Valentin

Valentin Villenave wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I attach a template I use to start with to write polyphonic pieces.
>> It's especially useful for fingerstyle guitarists.
>
> Added as http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=634

This template will give an error because of \clef "moderntab" (which
prints TAB with a modern font).
To make it work, you have to include "tablature.ly" and add this code
(again, by Marc Hohl) to scm/parser-clef.scm:

;; a function to add new clefs at runtime
(define-public (add-new-clef clef-name clef-glyph clef-position
octavation c0-position)
"Append the entries for a clef symbol to supported-clefs and
c0-pitch-alist"
(set! supported-clefs
(acons clef-name (list clef-glyph clef-position octavation)
supported-clefs))
(set! c0-pitch-alist
(acons clef-glyph c0-position c0-pitch-alist)))

So you can either remove \clef "moderntab" or add this information in
the LSR.

Cheers,
Federico

Re: Tablature and Frescobaldi template

Marc Hohl
Federico Bruni schrieb:

> Valentin Villenave wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> I attach a template I use to start with to write polyphonic pieces.
>>> It's especially useful for fingerstyle guitarists.
>>
>> Added as http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=634
>>

> This template will give an error because of \clef "moderntab" (which
> prints TAB with a modern font).
> To make it work, you have to include "tablature.ly" and add this code
> (again, by Marc Hohl) to scm/parser-clef.scm:
>
> ;; a function to add new clefs at runtime
> (define-public (add-new-clef clef-name clef-glyph clef-position
> octavation c0-position)
> "Append the entries for a clef symbol to supported-clefs and
> c0-pitch-alist"
> (set! supported-clefs
> (acons clef-name (list clef-glyph clef-position octavation)
> supported-clefs))
> (set! c0-pitch-alist
> (acons clef-glyph c0-position c0-pitch-alist)))
>
> So you can either remove \clef "moderntab" or add this information in
> the LSR.
I'd prefer to remove the modern clef, or rewrite it to \clef "tab",
because hacking in
lilypond's externals is way beyond what is expected from a simple snippet.

Marc