TabStaff ignores open strings in alternate fretboard tables

TabStaff ignores open strings in alternate fretboard tables

Patrick Schmidt-3
Hi Carl,

sorry, it's me again. I just checked 2.13.40 and found a small issue:
open strings defined in a chord in an alternate fretboard table are
not typeset in tablature. This doesn't happen with the chords defined
in predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly.

It seems as if the problem is related to the definition of open
strings in \storePredefinedDiagram. When I use "0" (zero) instead of
"o" then a zero is typeset in tablature but the fretboard diagram is
messed up. The other way round (the usual definition with "o") the
diagram is fine but open strings are ignored in tablature.

\version "2.13.40"
%\include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly"

#(define c-shape-fretboard-table (make-fretboard-table))

\storePredefinedDiagram #c-shape-fretboard-table
                         \chordmode{c}
                         #guitar-tuning
                         "x;3-3;2-2;o;1-1;o;"

cShape = {
   \set predefinedDiagramTable = #c-shape-fretboard-table
}

Chords = \chordmode {
   \cShape
   c,1 |
}

\score {
     <<
       \new ChordNames {
       \Chords
       }
       \new FretBoards {
         \Chords
       }
       \new Staff <<
         \clef "treble_8"
         \Chords

       \new TabStaff  <<
         \Chords

}

Thanks,

patrick

Re: TabStaff ignores open strings in alternate fretboard tables

Carl Sorensen

On 11/22/10 11:13 AM, "Patrick Schmidt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> sorry, it's me again. I just checked 2.13.40 and found a small issue:
> open strings defined in a chord in an alternate fretboard table are
> not typeset in tablature. This doesn't happen with the chords defined
> in predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly.
>
> It seems as if the problem is related to the definition of open
> strings in \storePredefinedDiagram. When I use "0" (zero) instead of
> "o" then a zero is typeset in tablature but the fretboard diagram is
> messed up. The other way round (the usual definition with "o") the
> diagram is fine but open strings are ignored in tablature.

Thanks for the report, Patrick.

I should get this fixed in the next day or two.

Re: TabStaff ignores open strings in alternate fretboard tables

On 11/22/10 11:13 AM, "Patrick Schmidt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> sorry, it's me again. I just checked 2.13.40 and found a small issue:
> open strings defined in a chord in an alternate fretboard table are
> not typeset in tablature. This doesn't happen with the chords defined
> in predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly.

Fixed in git.  You can use scm/translation-functions.scm from git if you
don't build yourself.

This works with the properly defined terse format, "o" for open, rather than
0.  It also works with verbose format (which probably nobody ever wants to
use).

Thanks again for the catch, and for providing a test file.  It made the
patch trivial to complete.

Am 23.11.2010 um 00:58 schrieb Carl Sorensen:

> On 11/22/10 11:13 AM, "Patrick Schmidt" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Carl,
>>
>> sorry, it's me again. I just checked 2.13.40 and found a small issue:
>> open strings defined in a chord in an alternate fretboard table are
>> not typeset in tablature. This doesn't happen with the chords defined
>> in predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly.
>
> Fixed in git.  You can use scm/translation-functions.scm from git
> if you
> don't build yourself.
>
> This works with the properly defined terse format, "o" for open,
> rather than
> 0.  It also works with verbose format (which probably nobody ever
> wants to
> use).
>
> Thanks again for the catch, and for providing a test file.  It made
> the
> patch trivial to complete.

Thanks to the man who fixes bugs faster than I can write bug
reports! ;-)

patrick