[Request/Bounty] Tablature bends

Marc Hohl
Hello all,

after about half a year I have to admit that I don't have a) the time
and b) the programming skills to implement bends in lilypond[1]. Sorry.

Bends are important for guitarists, so I offer 75$ for this issue and
I am posting to the tablature list, because perhaps someone else there
is willing to donate some money too, to get this task done.

During winter 2009/2010, Carl and I discussed the syntax and implementation
details very intensively in about a dozen mails or so, and as things got
nailed down, I wrote a roadmap how the bend engraver and the tab note head
engraver have to be built/extended. There is also a file bend.ly
which uses slurs to mimic bends - the graphic routines for bends are
already there,
so I offer my help providing and explaining the roadmap. A skilled developer
should have no problems to code the new engraver and transform the
graphic routines
into c++ code.

During the bend.ly story, I got in touch with developers of tuxguitar,
so I think
the whole bend story will make lilypond more attractive as a front end to
tuxguitar users and of course to professional music typesetters working
on contemporary
guitar music.

Greetings

Marc

[1] It was really hard for me to accept b), but to be honest, I still
struggle
with some basic concepts of c++ in combination with lilypond, which is
*very*
frustrating.

Re: [Request/Bounty] Tablature bends

Federico Bruni-2
Hi Marc,

Il giorno sab, 24/07/2010 alle 20.19 +0200, Marc Hohl ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> after about half a year I have to admit that I don't have a) the time
> and b) the programming skills to implement bends in lilypond[1]. Sorry.

it's a pity... anyway, you did a great job so far!

as a matter of fact, I started using LilyPond because of the new support
to tablature

> Bends are important for guitarists, so I offer 75$ for this issue and
> I am posting to the tablature list, because perhaps someone else there
> is willing to donate some money too, to get this task done.

Yes, and to me it's the only real missing feature.
It would be great to have bends in the core of lilypond (although
bends.ly is already something usable).

I can offer 75$ as well.
And I'll be ready to double it if necessary.

I hope many others will join us :)

Best,
Federico

Re: [Request/Bounty] Tablature bends

Patrick Schmidt-3

Am 25.07.2010 um 11:22 schrieb Federico Bruni:

> Hi Marc,
>
> Il giorno sab, 24/07/2010 alle 20.19 +0200, Marc Hohl ha scritto:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> after about half a year I have to admit that I don't have a) the time
>> and b) the programming skills to implement bends in lilypond[1].
>> Sorry.
>>

> it's a pity... anyway, you did a great job so far!
+1

> as a matter of fact, I started using LilyPond because of the new
> support
> to tablature
>

>> Bends are important for guitarists, so I offer 75$ for this issue and
>> I am posting to the tablature list, because perhaps someone else
>> there
>> is willing to donate some money too, to get this task done.
>>

> Yes, and to me it's the only real missing feature.
> It would be great to have bends in the core of lilypond (although
> bends.ly is already something usable).
>

> I can offer 75$ as well.
> And I'll be ready to double it if necessary.
+1

> I hope many others will join us :)
+1

Thank you for all your valuable contributions!

patrick

Federico Bruni schrieb:

> Hi Marc,
>
> Il giorno sab, 24/07/2010 alle 20.19 +0200, Marc Hohl ha scritto:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> after about half a year I have to admit that I don't have a) the time
>> and b) the programming skills to implement bends in lilypond[1]. Sorry.
>>

> it's a pity... anyway, you did a great job so far!

Thank you! I want to continue contributing for lilypond, but this task
is way over my head ...

> [...]
>
> I can offer 75$ as well.
> And I'll be ready to double it if necessary.

Great!

Re: [Request/Bounty] Tablature bends

rooss

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Marc Hohl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Federico Bruni schrieb:

Hi Marc,

Il giorno sab, 24/07/2010 alle 20.19 +0200, Marc Hohl ha scritto:

Hello all,

after about half a year I have to admit that I don't have a) the time
and b) the programming skills to implement bends in lilypond[1]. Sorry.

it's a pity... anyway, you did a great job so far!

Thank you! I want to continue contributing for lilypond, but this task
is way over my head ...

[...]

I can offer 75$ as well.
And I'll be ready to double it if necessary.

Great!

Marc

I will offer 10 euro

Graham Percival schrieb:
> Bug Squad: two bounty offers in this email; please add to tracker.

Three offers - 2x 75$, 1x 10 €

Marc

Dmytro O. Redchuk schrieb:

> On Mon 26 Jul 2010, 11:25 Marc Hohl wrote:
>
>> Graham Percival schrieb:
>>
>>> Bug Squad: two bounty offers in this email; please add to tracker.
>>>
>> Three offers - 2x 75$, 1x 10 €
>>

> Added as 1196:
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1196
>
> Please correct me with volumes, if i am wrong, thanks!-)

Rosea Grammostola offered 10 Euro.

Re: [Request/Bounty] Tablature bends

Patrick Schmidt-3
Well, I guess my offer was not taken into consideration. So IINM
there are four offers:

1x 75$, 2x 75–150$, 1x 10€

patrick
Am 26.07.2010 um 11:25 schrieb Marc Hohl:

> Graham Percival schrieb:
>> Bug Squad: two bounty offers in this email; please add to tracker.
>>
> Three offers - 2x 75$, 1x 10 €
>
> Marc
>> Others: please send bounty offers to bug-lilypond.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> - Graham
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:22:57AM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Marc,

>>> it's a pity... anyway, you did a great job so far!
>>>
>>> as a matter of fact, I started using LilyPond because of the new
>>> support
>>> to tablature

>>> Yes, and to me it's the only real missing feature.
>>> It would be great to have bends in the core of lilypond (although
>>> bends.ly is already something usable).
>>>
>>> I can offer 75$ as well.
>>> And I'll be ready to double it if necessary.
>>>
>>> I hope many others will join us :)
>>>

>>> Best,
>>> Federico

Fwd: [tablatures] [Request/Bounty] Tablature bends

Ronald Hochreiter
Count me in with $25 (via PayPal) for the Bend functionality.

Regards,
Ronald

Re: Fwd: [tablatures] [Request/Bounty] Tablature bends

Federico Bruni-2
Can anyone please add this new offer to the tracker?

Also the offer from Rosea Grammostola is still missing, but I can't
remember how much it was... Rosea, could you remember us?

Thanks,
Federico

On 08/22/2010 06:14 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Can anyone please add this new offer to the tracker?
>
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1196
>
> Also the offer from Rosea Grammostola is still missing, but I can't
> remember how much it was... Rosea, could you remember us?

I 'm not sure, but count in 25 euro

\r

> Thanks,
> Federico
>
> Il giorno mer, 04/08/2010 alle 09.56 +0200, Ronald Hochreiter ha
> scritto:
>
>> Count me in with $25 (via PayPal) for the Bend functionality.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ronald

Bug Squad, there are two bounty offers to add to the tracker:

Ronald $25
Rosea €25

Thanks,
Federico

Il giorno dom, 22/08/2010 alle 20.40 +0200, rosea grammostola ha
scritto:

> On 08/22/2010 06:14 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:
> > Can anyone please add this new offer to the tracker?
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1196
> >
> > Also the offer from Rosea Grammostola is still missing, but I can't
> > remember how much it was... Rosea, could you remember us?
> >

> I 'm not sure, but count in 25 euro
>
> \r
>
> > Thanks,
> > Federico
> >
> > Il giorno mer, 04/08/2010 alle 09.56 +0200, Ronald Hochreiter ha
> > scritto:
> >
> >> Count me in with $25 (via PayPal) for the Bend functionality.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Ronald

Re: Fwd: [tablatures] [Request/Bounty] Tablature bends

Ronald Hochreiter
I just added my offer as a comment. Thanks! Ronald