Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature

Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature

Carl Sorensen

On 4/24/10 9:38 AM, "Neil Puttock" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24 April 2010 16:08, Carl Sorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Neil!
>>
>> This not only looks like it solves the problem, it also taught me a bit
>> about using context-spec-music.  I was thinking that we'd need to use
>> make-apply-context.  Yet another snippet idea for the Extending manual.
>
> I think you'd only use make-apply-context if you needed to access
> context properties at this early stage.
>
> BTW, do you think this is crying out for some kind of recursive loop
> (which would allow any number of lines automatically)?
Actually, map was my friend.

I've attached a revised version of chord-glissando.ly and a test file
chord-gliss-tab.ly.

After you've had a chance to try it out, I'll add something to the LSR.

chord-gliss-tab.ly (604 bytes) Download Attachment
chord-glissando.ly (3K) Download Attachment

On 4/24/10 3:12 PM, "Neil Puttock" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24 April 2010 21:54, Carl Sorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Actually, map was my friend.
>
> Ah, my attempts failed because I forgot to wrap the music in
> `make-simultaneous-music'. :)

Whoa -- I wouldn't have expected that from you -- I'd have expected it only
from me.  Maybe you are human after all. ;)

>> I've attached a revised version of chord-glissando.ly and a test file
>> chord-gliss-tab.ly.
>>
>> After you've had a chance to try it out, I'll add something to the LSR.
>
> Looks great.
>
> I think both of these overrides are redundant, since they're already
> part of `add-glissando-line':
>
>        \once \override Glissando #'thickness = #2
>      <<
>        \override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t

I think you're right.  Originally, the first one wasn't redundant, because
we were using the glissando line from the chord for one of the glissando
lines.  But that didn't work well with tablature, so now we're drawing all
of the glissando lines with add-glissando line.

Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature

Marc Hohl
Carl Sorensen schrieb:

> [...]
>> Looks great.
>>
>> I think both of these overrides are redundant, since they're already
>> part of `add-glissando-line':
>>
>>        \once \override Glissando #'thickness = #2
>>      <<
>>        \override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t
>>

> I think you're right.  Originally, the first one wasn't redundant, because
> we were using the glissando line from the chord for one of the glissando
> lines.  But that didn't work well with tablature, so now we're drawing all
> of the glissando lines with add-glissando line.

Thank you, Carl and Neil, you both did a great job!
Works perfectly now in my example ...

Marc

Bernardo Barros schrieb:
> Hi Carl, marc and others,
>
> Did you manage to use \chordGlissando with dynamics?
I didn't use dynamics yet.
> It creates a lot of dynamics, and if I try to create a hiden voice the
> score becomes a mess. I'm not putting dynamics in those chords until I
> know what to do.
Hm, I don't understand how dynamics should appear in the internally
created hidden voices - can you
post a minimal example, please?

Marc