Re: GSoC page: hammer-on and pull-off are already implemented

Re: GSoC page: hammer-on and pull-off are already implemented

Federico Bruni-2
I'm CCing the tablature list, in case anyone (Patrick?) has some
suggestions about this doc addition.

Il 12/04/2012 00:40, Colin Hall ha scritto:

>> I think you are right, I cannot find any mention in the doc.
>> >  It should be in NR 2.4.1
>> >
>> >  Pull-off and hammer-on are slurs.
>> >  Hammer-on when the pitch goes up, pull-off when it goes down.
> I'm not familiar with the terms used by fretted string instrument
> musicians, so I'd be very grateful if you or Marc would submit a
> suitable documentation suggestion, as decribed here:
>
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/documentation-suggestions
>
> Once the bug squad receive that we can create a tracker for the
> Documentation issue.

I would put hammer-on and pull-off in NR 2.4.1, Selected snippets,
before "Slides in tablature" (because legato slides use slurs).

Sorry for my bad english...here we go.

## Doc snippet ##

Hammer-on and pull-off can be obtained using slurs. Hammer-on is a
raising slur, while pull-off is a falling slur:

\new TabStaff {
   \relative c' {
     d4( e\2)
     a( g)
   }
}

The arc of hammer-on and pull-off is upwards in voice one and three,
downwards in voice two and four:

\new TabStaff {
   \relative c' {
     << { \voiceOne g2( a) }
     \\ { \voiceTwo a,( b) }
     >> \oneVoice
   }
}

Hammer-on and pull-off work the same way in chords. By default, only one
arc is drawn. You can have a double arc by setting the doubleSlur
property to true (be sure to use \once or set it back to false when you
don't need it anymore):

\new TabStaff {
   \relative c' {
     % chord hammer-on and pull-off
     \once \set doubleSlurs = ##t
     <g' b>8( <a c> <g b>)
     g( a2) % to check that slur is single again
   }
}

[Remember to add the @cindex entries]

> See issue tracker here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2475

thanks!

documenting hammer-on and pull-off [WAS: GSoC page: hammer-on and pull-off are already implemented]

Federico Bruni-2
Il 13/04/2012 11:45, Colin Hall ha scritto:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 09:08:41AM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
>> I'm CCing the tablature list, in case anyone (Patrick?) has some
>> suggestions about this doc addition.

>>> I'm not familiar with the terms used by fretted string
>>> instrument musicians, so I'd be very grateful if you or Marc
>>> would submit a suitable documentation suggestion, as decribed
>>> here:
>>>
>>> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/documentation-suggestions

Once the bug squad receive that we can create a tracker for the

>>> Documentation issue.
>>>

>> I would put hammer-on and pull-off in NR 2.4.1, Selected snippets,
>> before "Slides in tablature" (because legato slides use slurs).
>>
>> Sorry for my bad english...here we go.
>
> Good job, Frederico. Thanks very much for taking the time to prepare
> that doc suggestion. One of the bug squad will create a tracker for
> this. Any comments from the lists can be added to the tracker in due
> course.
>
> Cheers, Colin.

Hi Colin,

I think that this has been lost: I can see no issue in the tracker

See also comment on #2475