Indicating C5/7 - power chord with a minor seventh.

Indicating C5/7 - power chord with a minor seventh.

Viktor Mastoridis
I understand one can indicate a power chord like this
\powerChords
  b,,1:1.5

printing C5

Is there a way to indicate C5/7

---
Viktor Mastoridis
Music Educator & Producer
Meditera.co.uk

On 10 June 2012 11:28, Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Il 13/04/2012 11:45, Colin Hall ha scritto:
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 09:08:41AM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
I'm CCing the tablature list, in case anyone (Patrick?) has some
suggestions about this doc addition.

Il 12/04/2012 00:40, Colin Hall ha scritto:
I think you are right, I cannot find any mention in the doc.
It should be in NR 2.4.1

Pull-off and hammer-on are slurs. Hammer-on when the pitch
goes up, pull-off when it goes down.
I'm not familiar with the terms used by fretted string
instrument musicians, so I'd be very grateful if you or Marc
would submit a suitable documentation suggestion, as decribed
here:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/documentation-suggestions

Once the bug squad receive that we can create a tracker for the
Documentation issue.

I would put hammer-on and pull-off in NR 2.4.1, Selected snippets,
before "Slides in tablature" (because legato slides use slurs).

Sorry for my bad english...here we go.

Good job, Frederico. Thanks very much for taking the time to prepare
that doc suggestion. One of the bug squad will create a tracker for
this. Any comments from the lists can be added to the tracker in due
course.

Cheers, Colin.

Hi Colin,

I think that this has been lost: I can see no issue in the tracker

See also comment on #2475

Re: Indicating C5/7 - power chord with a minor seventh.

Carl Sorensen
On 3/4/13 3:24 PM, "Viktor Mastoridis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I understand one can indicate a power chord like this
>\powerChords
>  b,,1:1.5
>
>printing C5
>
>Is there a way to indicate C5/7

There is not a predefined ChordName for C5/7.  You can define your own
chord names using the chordNameExceptions property.  See the Selected
Snippets under section 2.7.2 of the Notation Reference.

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/displaying-chords

HTH,

Re: Indicating C5/7 - power chord with a minor seventh.

Viktor Mastoridis

>I understand one can indicate a power chord like this
>\powerChords
>  b,,1:1.5
>
>printing C5
>
>Is there a way to indicate C5/7

There is not a predefined ChordName for C5/7.  You can define your own
chord names using the chordNameExceptions property.  See the Selected
Snippets under section 2.7.2 of the Notation Reference.

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/displaying-chords

HTH,

Carl

Thanks a lot Carl.

I finally succeed.

Just for the record, in the exception properties I put:

<c g bes>1-\markup { \super "5/7" }

then I simply write a:7.5^3 and it prints a beautiful A5/7

Viktor

On 3/6/13 6:17 PM, "Viktor Mastoridis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Just for the record, in the exception properties I put:
><c g bes>1-\markup { \super "5/7" }
>then I simply write a:7.5^3 and it prints a beautiful A5/7

If I'm not mistaken, you could simply write a:7^3 and it would work as
well.

HTH,

Carl