Grace Note of First Note in Measure Following Repeat Symbol

Grace Note of First Note in Measure Following Repeat Symbol

oldwhtman
I'm using Lilypond 2.16.0 as provided with Fedora 17.

I have just discovered that, if the first note of a measure following a repeat end or repeat begin symbol has a grace note attached, the grace note is printed by itself in a separate measure with the repeat symbol duplicated and attached to the measure. I worked around this behavior by not using the '\repeat volta ...' command. I used the \bar "|:" and \bar ":|" instead.
This would seem to be a bug.

Mike

Re: Grace Note of First Note in Measure Following Repeat Symbol

Federico Bruni-2
2013/8/12 oldwhtman <[hidden email]>
I'm using Lilypond 2.16.0 as provided with Fedora 17.

I have just discovered that, if the first note of a measure following a
repeat end or repeat begin symbol has a grace note attached, the grace note
is printed by itself in a separate measure with the repeat symbol duplicated
and attached to the measure. I worked around this behavior by not using the
'\repeat volta ...' command. I used the \bar "|:" and \bar ":|" instead.
This would seem to be a bug.

Mike

Hi Mike

this is not the right place to send bug reports.
You should write  to bug-lilypond mailing list.

Anyway, I don't think that there's a bug here, you probably have a problem with grace syncronization. I guess that it happens on a polyphonic or two staff piece.

Re: Grace Note of First Note in Measure Following Repeat Symbol

Federico Bruni-2
Hi Mike

please reply to the list, you may find help from others than me.
There is already an old issue for this bug:

If you want to show a specific problem, we need a minimal example

Il lun, ago 12, 2013 at 1:21 ,Mitchell Pryor <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Thanks for the prompt response, Federico. I'll try putting a "space" grace note on the 2nd voice
as shown in the link you provided.  I'd still call this a "bug", since grace notes on one voice elsewhere
in the score do not cause this de-synchronization problem.  Only on the first note of a measure following
a repeat symbol.