Big improvement

Marc Hohl
Hello tablature list,

Carl has uploaded a patch that fixes a lot of issues:

* tied notes are handled properly when a slur or a glissando follows

* this works even with harmonics!

* better harmonics can be used with \harmonicByFret or \harmonicByRatio,
no more fiddling around with separate input for normal and tablature staves
to get these right!

* the fret numbers are centered, so frets > 9 are aligned properly.

I am just happy to announce that, and I think this is a great improvement
for using tablature with lilypond. These features will be available with
2.13.42.

@Carl: thanks for your work on these issues!

Re: Big improvement

Carl Sorensen

On 12/5/10 12:42 PM, "Marc Hohl" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello tablature list,
>
> Carl has uploaded a patch that fixes a lot of issues:
>
> * tied notes are handled properly when a slur or a glissando follows
>
> * this works even with harmonics!
>
> * better harmonics can be used with \harmonicByFret or \harmonicByRatio,
> no more fiddling around with separate input for normal and tablature staves
> to get these right!
>
> * the fret numbers are centered, so frets > 9 are aligned properly.
>
> I am just happy to announce that, and I think this is a great improvement
> for using tablature with lilypond. These features will be available with
> 2.13.42.

Marc is too humble about this.  Most of this is his work.  I tweaked it some
to make it fit in LilyPond a bit better, but without Marc none of this would
have been done.  So give plenty of thanks to Marc.

Re: Big improvement

Patrick Horgan
Does anyone have a sample lilypond doc that exercises all of the
tablature parts of lilypond?

Patrick

Re: Big improvement

Patrick Schmidt-3
I have a test file. I'm updating it right now. I could send it to you
this evening.

Cheers,

patrick
Am 07.12.2010 um 10:46 schrieb Patrick Horgan:

> Does anyone have a sample lilypond doc that exercises all of the
> tablature parts of lilypond?
>
> Patrick

Re: Big improvement

Patrick Horgan
On 12/07/2010 02:27 AM, Patrick Schmidt wrote:
> I have a test file. I'm updating it right now. I could send it to you
> this evening.
Thank you Patrick.  You can always count on a Patrick;)

Patrick

Re: Big improvement

Marc Hohl
Am 07.12.2010 19:06, schrieb Patrick Horgan:
> On 12/07/2010 02:27 AM, Patrick Schmidt wrote:
>> I have a test file. I'm updating it right now. I could send it to you
>> this evening.
Hi Patricks ;-)

Can't you post this file to this list? IMHO, we can refer to it more
easily then - in case
someone else is asking questions about the new tablature features...

> Thank you Patrick.  You can always count on a Patrick;)
>
> Patrick

Re: Big improvement

Patrick Schmidt-3

Am 07.12.2010 um 20:13 schrieb Marc Hohl:

> Am 07.12.2010 19:06, schrieb Patrick Horgan:
>> On 12/07/2010 02:27 AM, Patrick Schmidt wrote:
>>> I have a test file. I'm updating it right now. I could send it to
>>> you this evening.
> Hi Patricks ;-)
>
> Can't you post this file to this list? IMHO, we can refer to it
> more easily then - in case
> someone else is asking questions about the new tablature features...
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc
>> Thank you Patrick.  You can always count on a Patrick;)
>>
>> Patrick

Give me another hour or two. Of course I will send the file to the
list. Unfortunately the new harmonic functions are not available in
2.13.41. So at the moment it's necessary to apply patch http://
codereview.appspot.com/2723043/ to see these functions in action

patrick

Re: Big improvement

Patrick Horgan
On 12/07/2010 11:39 AM, Patrick Schmidt wrote:
> ... elision by patrick...
> Give me another hour or two. Of course I will send the file to the
> list. Unfortunately the new harmonic functions are not available in
> 2.13.41. So at the moment it's necessary to apply patch
> http://codereview.appspot.com/2723043/ to see these functions in action
How about 2.13.42?

Patrick

Re: Big improvement

Patrick Schmidt-3

Am 08.12.2010 um 03:59 schrieb Patrick Horgan:

> On 12/07/2010 11:39 AM, Patrick Schmidt wrote:
>> ... elision by patrick...
>> Give me another hour or two. Of course I will send the file to the
>> list. Unfortunately the new harmonic functions are not available
>> in 2.13.41. So at the moment it's necessary to apply patch http://
>> codereview.appspot.com/2723043/ to see these functions in action
> How about 2.13.42?
Yes, the new functions are part of 2.13.42.

> Patrick

Re: Big improvement

Patrick Horgan
On 12/08/2010 01:36 AM, Patrick Schmidt wrote:

> Am 08.12.2010 um 03:59 schrieb Patrick Horgan:
>
>> On 12/07/2010 11:39 AM, Patrick Schmidt wrote:
>>> ... elision by patrick...
>>> Give me another hour or two. Of course I will send the file to the
>>> list. Unfortunately the new harmonic functions are not available in
>>> 2.13.41. So at the moment it's necessary to apply patch
>>> http://codereview.appspot.com/2723043/ to see these functions in action
>> How about 2.13.42?
> Yes, the new functions are part of 2.13.42.
I'd already figured it out.  After deleting my gcc and g++ from
/usr/local/bin so I'd use older ones and lilypond didn't seg-fault, I
was able to run it through lilypond.  It is excellent!  I'm so happy
with it.

Patrick