Avoid fingering on score when tab exists in chord

Avoid fingering on score when tab exists in chord

Viktor Mastoridis
This one gives me headache,

Using Lilypond 14

I write a staff and a guitar tab
When I have a chord and I want the notes on that chord to be played on specific strings

<f\4 as\3>8 c

the fingerings are displayed in the staff as well.

as I have the tabs, I don't need those extra numbers in the staff.

How do I switch them off?

Thanking you in advance

---
Viktor Mastoridis
Music Educator & Producer
Meditera.co.uk

\/ /-\ |_ |< /-\ |\| | /-\ .com

Re: Avoid fingering on score when tab exists in chord

Federico Bruni-2
2014/1/23 Viktor Mastoridis <[hidden email]>
This one gives me headache,

Using Lilypond 14

this is an old old stable, I suggest upgrading

I write a staff and a guitar tab
When I have a chord and I want the notes on that chord to be played on specific strings

<f\4 as\3>8 c

the fingerings are displayed in the staff as well.

as I have the tabs, I don't need those extra numbers in the staff.

How do I switch them off?

 \version "2.16.2"

music =  \relative c' {
  <f\4 as\3>8 c
}

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff <<
      \context Voice { \clef "G_8" \music }

    \new TabStaff  <<
      \context TabVoice { \clef "moderntab" \music }

}

\layout {
   \context {
    % Do not display string numbers on Staff (I use TabStaff also)
    \Staff
    \override StringNumber #'stencil = ##f
  }
}

Re: Avoid fingering on score when tab exists in chord

Marc Hohl
Am 23.01.2014 06:31, schrieb Federico Bruni:
[...]

>   \version "2.16.2"
>
> music =  \relative c' {
>    <f\4 as\3>8 c
> }
>
> \score {
>    \new StaffGroup <<
>      \new Staff <<
>        \context Voice { \clef "G_8" \music }
>      >>
>      \new TabStaff  <<
>        \context TabVoice { \clef "moderntab" \music }
>      >>
>    >>
> }
>
> \layout {
>     \context {
>      % Do not display string numbers on Staff (I use TabStaff also)
>      \Staff
>      \override StringNumber #'stencil = ##f
>    }
> }

Why not using 2.18?

Then you may write as well
\layout {
   \context {
     \Staff
     \omit StringNumber
   }
}

Re: Avoid fingering on score when tab exists in chord

Viktor Mastoridis
​Thanks for your answers. They helped me find the actual sentence for L14.​

As for:​

​this is an old old stable, I suggest upgrading​

Why not using 2.18?

​I run Linux Mint​

​for large part of my family: wife, mother, nephews​, plus I help a few friends running it.

I decided to stick with a long term, Maya (13), as this makes life so less complicated in terms of upgrades and solving problems.

And in Maya we only get L14.

---
Viktor Mastoridis
Music Educator & Producer