Audio to Midi to tablature

rooss
Hi,

Someone asked me if there is a way to record audio and get tablature
score as output. I know you can convert audio to midi with aubionotes
(didn't test it yet). If that is possible, converting midi to tablature
would be the next step. Is it possible and what is the best method / app
(rumor, musescore, tuxguitar)?

\r

Re: Audio to Midi to tablature

Federico Bruni-2
Il giorno gio, 13/01/2011 alle 10.46 +0100, rosea.grammostola ha
scritto:
> Hi,
>

> Someone asked me if there is a way to record audio and get tablature
> score as output. I know you can convert audio to midi with aubionotes
> (didn't test it yet). If that is possible, converting midi to tablature
> would be the next step. Is it possible and what is the best method / app
> (rumor, musescore, tuxguitar)?

First, I must say that I've never tried that, because I'm not really
interested in it.

Have you heard about Scolily (free software)?
http://codingteam.net/project/scolily

It seems that it can export to LilyPond.

It should be packaged in Ubuntu, not in Debian.
You can compile it with the usual combo (./configure && make && make
install).
I think that you must record a single Voice tune. I *suppose* that
polyphony is too difficult for any software.

Otherwise, if you manage to get a good .midi file from an audio
recording you can:

* import it using Tuxguitar
* run midi2ly

I'm getting curious... I think I'll try in the weekend.

Cheers,
Federico

On 01/13/2011 11:43 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:

> Il giorno gio, 13/01/2011 alle 10.46 +0100, rosea.grammostola ha
> scritto:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Someone asked me if there is a way to record audio and get tablature
>> score as output. I know you can convert audio to midi with aubionotes
>> (didn't test it yet). If that is possible, converting midi to tablature
>> would be the next step. Is it possible and what is the best method / app
>> (rumor, musescore, tuxguitar)?
>>
> First, I must say that I've never tried that, because I'm not really
> interested in it.
>
> Have you heard about Scolily (free software)?
> http://codingteam.net/project/scolily
>
> It seems that it can export to LilyPond.
>
> It should be packaged in Ubuntu, not in Debian.
> You can compile it with the usual combo (./configure&&  make&&  make
> install).
> I think that you must record a single Voice tune. I *suppose* that
> polyphony is too difficult for any software.
>
> Otherwise, if you manage to get a good .midi file from an audio
> recording you can:
>
> * import it using Tuxguitar
> * run midi2ly
>
> I'm getting curious... I think I'll try in the weekend.
>
> Cheers,
> Federico

Thanks. Scolily don't seems to support JACK and I have no clue about
recording without JACK ;)

So I recorded a little song, played by myself via midi keyboard. Opened
aubionotes, hooked up aqualung multimedia player to aubionotes ins via
JACK. Connected aubionotes midi out to Qtractor midi sequencer. I played
the recorded audio via Aqualung via aubionotes in Qtractor which
recorded the midi out from aubionotes. Imported that midi track into
Tuxguitar and exported it to pdf and lily, see attachement.

\r

audiotomidi_test.pdf (29K) Download Attachment
audiotomidi_test.ly (1K) Download Attachment

RE: Audio to Midi to tablature

james.lowe@datacore.com
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

On 01/14/2011 12:57 PM, James Lowe wrote:

> Hello,

The PDF is generated by Tuxguitar. See attachment for a more simple
export from tuxguitar to ly

\r

audiotomidi_test2.ly (1K) Download Attachment